Paris Highlights w/ Christi

My cousin Christi was able to stay with us for two weeks after we returned from Italy. Unfortunately, I had ended our trip with a hacking cough that continued to develop into bronchitis (which I didn't find out until our next trip) it racked my body and totally drained me of all energy and fun. We did get out a couple of days so she could at least hit the highlights of Paris.

We spent a day at nearby Versailles, she tried her first crepe and we took a "drift" on a rowboat which Andrew has been wanting to do everytime we visited.

Anthony kept the kids one Saturday so she and I could go in without the munchkins and we got quite a bit done. Arc de Triomphe, Concorde, Opera Garnier, a little shopping, Louvre and Notre Dame.
On another day we hit Pont Alexandre III, the Eiffel Tower, a Seine river cruise and the Catacombs. This is the first time I had been in the Catacombs. The MILLIONS of bones that go on for MILES are simply to difficult to describe. Quite an "aweing" experience.

(For those of who don't read French, the sign says "Stop, this is the empire of the dead".)
I had very little energy and was a total drag as a tour guide, I only hope she will remember the sights and not the company.

2 comments:

Christi said...

The company was great. I couldn't have asked for better. :)

The Blake Family said...

So, now I have several blogs to look at on Paris...IF we ever get there!!! Still trying to figure out if we can get it done on the move out of here to the USA. (I think that it's funny that being this close to you, it may take both of us moving back to the US to see each other again...has it really been 8 years???)