Aaaaah....the pleasure of routine

This past week or so has been spent settling in and getting use to our new routine. Andrew is still doing well at school and loves riding his luxury liner bus to and from our home. This was initially one of my great concerns about school this fall and it has turned out fine. He is only on the bus about 15 minutes each way, it has very few kids on it and they all seem to be very nice and low-key. He has a bus monitor that speaks English well so all has worked out.

Anthony and I had to go into Versailles to do some residency paperwork so we took advantage and spent the afternoon in the palace gardens. There is tons to do such as bike riding, boating and a delicious ice cream stand. The girls had a ball. They must have had the charm turned on full force because several individuals asked if they could take their picture. Twins do not seem to be as prevelant here as in the states. Even when someone is rattling away in French, I have learned to pick out the phrases "les jumelles" and "tres belle". Brooke, being the astute little booger she is, had to comment as we passed each statue "look, look, they are neck-ed".

Anthony has FINALLY had to go into the office (very difficult after a month off) but has said that everyone is extremely friendly and helpful. He has had some very nice two hour French lunches and already knows of two trips he will be taking out of Paris. We of course, will have to tag along...

The girls and I have started their preschool work. This week the theme was apples. We sang songs about apples, read stories about apples, colored apples, learned apple in sign and in French, did apple crafts and of course, did some apple baking. We made apple smiles, apple and gouda quesadillas, apple pizza and an apple pie. They also started their Gymboree class which will be every Wednesday. This is our foray into a completely French world. Most of our friends and activities have been through the American School or the English Church so we have not struggled much with the language. When we were introduced I picked out the "au Texas" and then got all the "ah-ha's"--I guess they kinda figured we were a little different.

1 comment:

grandma jac said...

Apples - one of my favorite things!!! I have many!!!!!!!!!!

Cute pictures. I love the apple trees. Perhaps you can save them??

By the way, this is a great blog. I keep forgetting about it, so I am treating myself today.

Love Grandma Jac