Joyeux Noel & Bonne Annee

Well, Santa found us in Paris. The entire season was very low key for us. Except for a ladies brunch at church and Andrew's school program we didn't have any parties, I had finished all my shopping when I came home in November (except for Santa gifts) and we had very few decorations. We had to skip the Christmas Eve service because it started so late--we would not have gotten home until 11. Instead we read the Christmas story by candlelight and assembled the nativity as each event happened, sang some carols, spread oatmeal for the reindeer and left cookies for Santa. Christmas day was fun just hanging around the house with the kids and letting them play with all their new toys. I simplified Christmas dinner and everything was just very easy. Here are the kids with their Santa gifts...

New Years Eve is a HUGE event here but we didn't go out for it. The streets in Paris teemed with merrymakers but we stayed home, made fondue and played games. None of us saw midnight but have loved the family time we've shared with Dad being home all week. We have enjoyed all the blogs and pictures from each of your Christmases and hope that your New Year is filled with health and happiness.

1 comment:

The Blake Family said...

Christmas in another country as a family is different but such a time to cherish. I remember our first one in Japan with just the two of us. I'm glad you had a wonderful and relaxing time. OK...so in the new year, we are hoping to take a trip to Paris. We'll let you know as we get closer to a date and finalize the "plans." So, are you up for a visit from American friends??