Odds and Ends

I've been getting a little grief for not posting in awhile but not much has been happening. We spend most of our time trying to keep warm but since our part of the country at home is covered in ice as well--I guess everybody is!

The girls have successfully finished potty training and we couldn't be more thrilled. The only time we put pull-ups on them is when we go into Paris for the day. Potties are few and far between and many aren't clean enough to let the girls use. Amazingly, they have been able to keep their pullups dry as well--but I just am not ready to take that chance yet.

I took a red wine class yesterday (I had taken the white wine one in October) and just am still not a fan. Oh well, at least I tried. Anthony will just have to enjoy his glass without me.

We have not been touring outside because of the weather but have found a few fun things to do inside during the winter. A girlfriend drove herself and I about an hour and half south to Gien where some beautiful pottery is made. We shopped at their factory outlet and found several pieces to buy. On another weekend the family took a train about two hours north to a small town called Fresnoy-le-Grand. It is home to the Le Creuset factory. I found several pieces in their outlet at GREAT prices that I was excited to get. It was also a fun day on the train for the kids. We found a huge outlet center out near Disney but are waiting until it warms up a little to do that.

We were supposed to go to Brussels and Amsterdam last weekend (tagging along on one of Anthony's work trips) but that got pushed back so we may be going next weekend. He is spending many days traveling to various cities as it is the time of year when all the companies have to publish their audits. He is not getting to sight-see much but is enjoying the countryside.

We still do our weekly Gymboree as well as school activities at home. I am not doing the Bible Study right now but hope to do the one starting in a few weeks. The whole family went organic this year so I am spending much of my time altering favorite recipes and finding new ones. So far the kids haven't fussed too much at all. They do miss the sweet treats once in a while--but Valentine's is coming soon.

We have a few trips planned for February so things should pick up again. Stay warm!

2 comments:

The Blake Family said...

Well, I suppose that Cody and I will have to come enjoy some red wine with Anthony! We are trying to plan a London/Paris vacation sometime this spring or summer. Sounds like you are keeping busy despite the cold weather. Congrats to the girls (and the two of you!) on toilet training! We've tried once...it was a "no-go", so we'll go for it another time!!

The Blake Family said...

Alright, after reading my comment, I have to revise..."congrats to the girls on toilet training (and the two of you for making it through the trng. process with them!)!" And, "we've tried toilet training with Jackson once..." okay...that sounds better now. Sorry. =)