Sunday Comics

I don't know about you but one of my favorite things to do growing up happened on Sunday afternoons. We would come home from church, change into our comfy clothes and then fight over the brightly colored Sunday comics. We found many giggles to start our week and then (if your mom happened to be thrifty like mine) used them to wrap presents for birthday parties.

Well, over here there is no paper delivery, I don't even know if they have comics and if they did I couldn't read them and I am sure the humor would be lost on me. So here are a couple of Sunday comics--Walker Family Circus style:

As princesses have become major players in our household (used for many behavior teaching tactics) so have the other characters when behavior is less than desireable. We were on our way home from church, peacefully riding the bus. Brooke and I were sharing a seat and there was a rather dour looking woman facing us with make-up quite literally "painted on". Brooke watched this woman for several stops and then pointed straight at her and at full volume stated, "look Mom, she's the evil witch!" I tried to quiet her but all she wanted was my affirmation and continued to say it over and over. Finally, I distracted her and just prayed that the woman didn't understand english.

After this wonderful example of my parenting skill we were hurrying from the bus stop to catch our train. Bella Kate had had an accident at church and was coming home without her tights and bloomers on. As I was holding her hand and hurrying her across the major road in front of the train station...she started yelling, "oh, oh, oh!". I looked down wondering what could be wrong and found the church's backup diaper swirling frantically around the ankle of one leg. We stopped in the middle of the median so I could re-fasten her pants but had much difficulty as I was laughing so hard.

We no longer wonder why the French think we are "crazy Americans".

No comments: