Tulsa Zoo with Grandma Nancy

On the Saturday before we left Tulsa, Grandma Nancy took all of us to the zoo. The Tulsa Zoo has been a favorite of mine for years. My mom's mom, my beloved "Grandma Bonnie" lived near it and took me most Mondays during my preschool years. I continued to go many times over the years and it was even a favorite for dates. I now try to go every couple of years on a trip home because it brings back such happy memories. It has regularly appeared in my kids scrapbooks and I thought it was appropriate to include here as well.
Andrew has had his picture in this chimp frame before but this the first time the girls have been able to stand up in it.
Bella Kate wasn't quite sure if that glass was going to keep the polar bear away!
Our Brookie, who is entralled with all things animal, HAD to have a ride on this camel...Bella declined.
Many favorite picture spots along the way and a great playground.
This water fountain has been in the zoo since I have. It has been moved and refurbished several times but it will always be iconic to me.
I took many pictures of animals but only included each of the kids favorites.
What is a trip to the zoo without a ride on the train?!?
THANK YOU GRANDMA (N)ANCY! I'm glad that my children get to make some of the same memories with you that I did with Grandma Bonnie.

No comments: