Winter Holidays Program

On Tuesday the 16th, Andrew had his school musical program (PK-2nd). They insist on calling it the Winter Holiday program in an attempt not to offend anyone who does not celebrate Christmas--yet, in a sadly, non-surprising comparison they cram the creepy side of Halloween down the student's throat--with no consideration to those who would prefer a more mild "fall" focus. Do any of you also see this trend towards abusing the Christian minority in an effort to tolerate all else??? I saw it all the time when I taught. There was no way it was acceptable for me to mention Jesus Christ in the lunchroom but I was surrounded by talk of other's drinking, partying weekends and homosexual relationships....mais je suis desole, I digress.





They asked everyone to wear red or green but 50% of the program was non-holiday French songs, another 25% one teacher's painful, hippy, solo and the rest holiday music we would recognize. They just can't seem to make up their mind what they want. BTW I found out another interesting tidbit about the sad excuse they call curriculum...it seems that three years ago, there was NO structured goals for teaching. Each teacher taught what they wanted, when they wanted with no alignment between classes or grades....that would sooo not fly in Texas (or probably anywhere else in the states.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our Buddy got to be in the front row. He stole the show, as usual!!! What a sweetie.

Just remember: as long as we know and practice the truth, the world cannot take it away, no matter how hard it tries. Jesus lives on in our hearts!!!!!!!