For the second weekend of their visit, Andrew and I took my parents to London. Ever since I did my student teaching there, I have wanted to go back. Anthony was great about keeping the girls at home so we could move a little faster and get more seen. When we arrived Friday afternoon, we dropped off our luggage at the hotel, grabbed some truly English fare - fish and chips and headed about an hour west to see Windsor. It was a BEAUTIFUL day and we had a wonderful visit to the castle and shopping around the little town. After a few hours, we headed back into London, stopped at the Paddington Bear store in Paddington Station and headed to the oldest pub in London for some traditional English grub.



On Sunday, Andrew and I got up and out early to visit Kensington Gardens and see the Peter Pan statue and then picked up my mom for a visit to the Charles Dickens museum...very neat. We had to change our plans to see the changing of the guard because a marathon was ending in front of Buckingham and we didn't want to fight the worse than normal crowds. Sad but still a good decision.

We did a little more shopping in the new St Pancras Station and headed home that afternoon. Andrew LOVED London and is already talking about going again...just like his momma!
No comments:
Post a Comment